Summer Success Programs for Incoming Transfer Students
Summer Session is committed to helping new UC San Diego students achieve academic excellence in their undergraduate education.
UC San Diego offers several Summer Success Programs to assist incoming transfer students in making the transition to UC San Diego's intensive quarter system.
New incoming students only. Before applying to the Summer Success Programs:
- Accept your Offer of Admissions and pay enrollment deposit (if required)
- Wait 3 business days and go to TritonChecklist.ucsd.edu and log in using Single-sign-on
- Click "First Time User" link on the right hand side of the UserID box. You will be asked to provide their UC Application ID, Date of Birth, City of Birth, and email address you used on their application
- Once you are authenticated, you will be provided with your PID and the ability to create a password
- Log in to the Summer Success Program common application with PID and password
A 5-week residential program that provides academic transition designed for transfer students from San Diego Community College Districts (SDCCD) to UC San Diego. Students in this program are admitted to majors in Arts & Humanities. This program is intended to enhance the academic performance of SDCCD transfer students, as well as optimize their transition experience. The program offers immersive experience in residential life and credit-bearing courses.
|Eligibility||Incoming Transfer to UC San Diego from San Diego Community College Districts (City, Mesa or Miramar College only)|
|Session||Summer Session 1|
5-week program: July 2 - August 4
|Majors||Humanities, Arts, and Institute of Arts & Humanities (IAH) programs|
|Housing||On-campus housing optional|
Students are enrolled in two courses (8-academic units)
This program is fully covered by a grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation
Apply Now! Steps for applying to the Common Application:
|Deadline to apply||June 4, 2018|
*Program information subject to change
For More Information, contact your Program Contact or contact
Summer Program Specialist
Phone: (858) 534-5358
If you are a student with a disability who may need accommodations to participate in our programs, you are encouraged to contact the Office for Students with Disabilities directly at 858.534.4382. Additional information may be found at http://disabilities.ucsd.edu/about/index.html.