Triton Sophomore Scholars Program
Summer Session is committed to helping UC San Diego students achieve academic excellence in their undergraduate education.
Triton Sophomore Scholars is a summer program designed to support rising sophomores achieve success as they pursue their four-year plan to degree at UC San Diego. During the 10 weeks of the program, scholars will experience a comprehensive approach to college life by focusing on one course per summer session, living on campus, and connecting with faculty, staff, students, and university resources.
Scholars will form a residential learning community to bolster their sense of belonging as Tritons and foster life-long friendships and connections. The learning community will include academic and social activities. Scholars will enroll in two 4-unit courses over two summer sessions that are critical to their degree progress. Scholars will receive individualized and structured academic support, including supplemental-to-instruction and tutoring, personalized learning assessments and goal setting, study skills instruction, contact with faculty and staff, and peer mentoring from experienced upper-division students. The Career Center will work with scholars to identify on-campus employment opportunities aligned with their individual educational and professional goals.
Tuition, campus-based fees, housing, and dining fees are covered by the program.
Program Criteria: no open application, invite only
Fall Quarter 2017 freshmen who took and/or are enrolled in one of the following:
- Fall Quarter 2017 - Admitted Term, 1st time, full time Freshman
- Analytical Writing (AWP) (formerly Basic Writing)
- Math 2, 3C or 4C
- No math course for Fall Quarter and/or Winter Quarter
- Completed 12 units or less in Fall Quarter 2017 and are enrolled in 12 units or less in Winter Quarter 2018.
- In good standing with a GPA in Fall Quarter and Winter Quarters (to be determined prior to offer letter sent) of at least a 2.0.
- (Excludes students on academic probation or subject to disqualification based upon term and overall GPA)
If invited to participate in the program, students will be required to meet with their advisor (College or Department only) for a consultation/info session to determine summer course enrollments (1 course per summer session) that meet either their major or general education requirements.
- Academic standing after Spring Quarter 2018 will be reviewed before program participation. Students must be in good academic standing to participate in the program during the Summer 2018 Summer Sessions.
|Eligibility||Current Freshmen students at UC San Diego|
|Session||Summer Session 1 & 2|
Triton Sophomore Scholars - 10-week program: July 1 - September 8
Open to all majors and undeclared majors
no open application, invite only
|Housing||Residential Program - On Campus Housing Required|
Students enroll in two courses (8 academic units)
Triton Sophomore Scholars
|Fees||Students are NOT required to submit the 2017-2018 FAFSA. Financial aid available to eligible students (Optional)|
No open application: Invite only
|Deadline to apply||TBD|
*Program information subject to change
For more information contact your Program Contact orJonathan Vega
Summer Success Programs
Phone: (858) 534-5358