Summer Success Programs
A formal Common Application approval process for Summer Success Programs (SSP) will be in effect starting March 16, 2018. The purpose of the Common Application is to have a central application for UC San Diego students who are interested in participating in a SSP will have the opportunity to apply.
Steps for applying to the Common Application:
New incoming students only. Before applying to the Summer Success Programs:
- Accept your Offer of Admissions and pay enrollment deposit (if required)
- Wait 3 business days and go to TritonChecklist.ucsd.edu and log in using Single-sign-on
- Click "First Time User" link on the right hand side of the UserID box. You will be asked to provide their UC Application ID, Date of Birth, City of Birth, and email address you used on their application
- Once you are authenticated, you will be provided with your PID and the ability to create a password
- Click on Common Application.
- Sign on as a Student SSO using your: Single Sign-On User ID/PID and passwor
- Once you log in, you will be directed to the Common Application Dashboard, where you will see a list of Summer Success Programs that are available to you. Click on the Summer Success Program(s) of your choice to begin the application process, which includes essay questions created by the program leaders.
Note: You can use the Common Application to apply to multiple programs. However, you can only submit your application once. Please be aware you will not be able to log in and apply to additional programs once you have submitted your application. Please consider all of your options carefully if you plan to apply for multiple Summer Success Programs.
Summer Success Programs participating in the Common Application for Summer 2018:
- Summer Bridge (Freshmen) Application is open.
- Summer Engineering Institute (Freshmen) Application is open.
- Summer Transfer in the Arts & Humanities (Transfer) Application is open.
- Triton Edge (International Freshmen) Application is open.
- Triton Freshman Scholars (Freshmen) Application is open.
- Triton Sophomore Scholars (Continuing Students) Not an open Application, by invitation only.